Monday, April 19, 2010

Mountains and Mary Jane


What make me happy? Um, location. Location. Natural. I rock climb. I am a rasta, and I like to climb. I live in Ton Sai, just three year. I like everything in Ton Sai, good for rest and climbing. That’s it… it’s relaxed. Here is better, more than Phi Phi. Phi Phi is like a city, it’s different here in Ton Sai and Maya Beach. It’s relax. Tonight, I am jam with my friends at the end of the [rock climbing] competition tonight. I’m going to jam and watch with them then what’s going on next year, I would like to know. I compete this year and did good.

[Later in the evening, I spotted Tong with friends at an outdoor restaurant bar.]

“This make me happy. Marijuana. Yes, make me happy.”

- Tong
30, rock climber from a town 4 hours south of Bangkok (interviewed him on Railay beach in Krabi, Thailand during the Krabi Rock & Fire International Contest)

1 comment:

  1. AK, your blogging makes me smile :) I was like an addict today, rushing home to read the latest entry! Its so telling to hear about what other ordinary people think of happiness, not in the abstract but in real life, the stuff that we take for granted.

    <3

    ReplyDelete