Monday, April 5, 2010

You Make Me Happy


Seeing you all of here in South Africa. Seeing people come to South Africa. Happy people in South Africa make me sleep good. Seeing my family makes me happy. I have worked here since in 1971. I started at Moyo in 1971. In 1971 as a wine steward on the floor. Almost 30 years. After school, I came here and I took the wine courses and I loved it. At the time we only had three or four wineries and I came here. I am 57 this year, in December. I am a grandfather. I have 8 grandkids and when I get home I cant rest. I come home late and they are sleeping but they always say, ‘Granddad, what did you bring me? What did you bring me?’ That makes me happy. I work for them. My oldest grandchild is 9 years old, my youngest is 7 months old, she’s a baby, not even a year. They make me happy and seeing people come to South Africa and see my home. That’s happy to me.

-Wine tasting host, Spier Winery and Moyo Restaurant in Stellenbosch, South Africa. 57.

No comments:

Post a Comment